Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Horton Hears a Who always makes me cry!

God made ants and also elephants!  How amazing is the variety of creatures on this earth.   I am partial to images of elephants and have been drawing, doodling, doing collage and painting elephants lately.  The top has a painted canvas in muted shades of sap green and permanent rose and then an elephant done in washi paper (ears and tail) and handmade paper from my favorite store - World Market.  The quote is from one of my favorite "to cry for" movies - Horton Hears a Who.  You may be familiar with it - "I meant what I said and I said what I meant.  An elephant's faithful, one hundred percent!"

This elephant is a doodled (tattooed?) fella done in pen with a few watercolor crayon spots.  My daughter saw these and said "I want a big elephant for my room" - in the process of painting that now.  Will post when completed.  I guess if I had to pick a word to focus on for 2012 - it would be "create".  I am taking classes but also just looking to go where the creative spirit sends me.  Not worrying about selling things - that may happen later but I'm trying not to "create for success" but to succeed at creating.  Subtle difference there - but I think an important one.  Thanks for stopping by - leave a comment if you can.  I love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm almost 2 years late on this one... but saw it on your side bar and just had to hop to it. LOVE these ellies... and love Horton too!

    ReplyDelete